The slight tangy sweetness of the peaches mixed with the rich flavor of the cream makes for a simple yet decadent treat – Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats.
Peaches are my jam
I have a slight obsession with peaches at the moment. Maybe its because they seem extra sweet this stone fruit season (seriously, go get some and tell me they aren’t better than candy), or that I love their beautiful, uh, peachy color, but I’m finding any excuse I can to throw delicious peaches into every dish that they might be remotely tasty in.
I offer no apologizes for how much peach product you guys are in for this summer. Peaches are my jam…..and probably will be literally made into my jam a little later this season.
Peaches and cream combo
This is a totally classic flavor combo of summer. The slight tangy sweetness of the peaches together with the rich flavor of the cream makes for a simple yet decadent treat. In fact, it has been enjoyed since the days that Anne Shirley was breaking slates over Gilbert Blythe’s head (a favorite literary reference to my youth which I pray some of you get).
You may typically serve it as a dessert, but I have found a way to bring it to the breakfast table in the form of overnight oats.
These oats are as simple to make as every other overnight oat recipe. Throw it together in a matter of minutes just before crawling into bed. And in the morning, a tasty breakfast is waiting for you.
I especially love that this dessert-inspired breakfast has no refined sugar. It also holds 2 servings of fruit per helping, and is naturally vegan and gluten free.
Breakfast just keeps getting better and better. So you best be making sure you are making time for my favorite meal of the day.
Other breakfast recipes that you will love…
Loving this peaches & cream overnight oats?
Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, almond milk, dates, vanilla, and peaches. Puree until peaches and dates are well chopped (about 20-30 seconds).
- In a large mason jar or medium bowl, combine oats and chia seeds. Pour milk/peach/date mixture over oats and mix well.
- Cover and chill overnight in fridge (or at least 4 hours). Top with more fresh peaches or other sliced fruit of choice.
- This dessert-inspired breakfast has no refined sugar.
- The recipe holds 2 servings of fruit per helping.
- It is naturally vegan and gluten free.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!