This amazingly easy zucchini avocado dip is super creamy, flavorful, and literally takes 5 minutes to make! Great as a appetizer, as spread for sandwiches or wraps, or to slather on just about anything! Paleo, vegan.Jump to Recipe
Originally published on April 28, 2016. Last updated on August 13, 2020
Easy zucchini avocado dip
I’ve never been one for dips, spreads, or dressings.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll enjoy them from time to time. But I’ve never really gone out of my way to make sure I had anything to dip my veggies in, dollop on top of a salad, or smear over a piece of bread.
As it turns out, I have been making all the wrong kinds of dips, spreads, and smearable goodies. I just hadn’t met this 5-Minute Zucchini Avocado Dip yet.
Why this zucchini avocado dip is so so so good!
- It’s like a bean-free hummus. Truly! I has the texture of hummus, but without the beans! Perfect for those following a Paleo diet or for peeps who just can’t do beans.
- Super easy! 5 minutes, friends! Just gather the ingredients, blend, and dollop it on all the things you can dream up.
- Veggie-loaded. Zucchini and avocado! The perfect way to add bonus veggies into your life or get some veggies in for those who are still warming up to them.
- Healthy fat. From avocado and tahini.
Encouraging your children to try new foods:
Want to get your kiddos (or partner) jazzed about this 5-minute zucchini avocado dip but they tend to be iffy about new foods? Especially new foods that involve veggies? Here are a few tips and tricks for introducing this new food or pretty much any new food to a skeptical eater.
- Get them involved in the creation process! If your child is younger, let them be in charge of turning the food processor on and off. If they are older, put them in charge of the whole dang recipe! Let them taste test it and offer suggestions of what you should add more of…or what maybe to scale back in the next batch.
- Role model your own willingness to try a new food! If you want them to be open to new foods, you have to role model it yourself! So dig into this dip with your favorite cracker. Love that spread! Moan and groan over how amazing it is (because it is). And even if YOU don’t like it, don’t express your personal feelings until your child has had a chance to form their own opinions about a new food. Your children are watching everything you do! If you wrinkle your nose at a new food, they will take note and may not be willing to even give the new food a taste test.
- Positively reinforce! This little trick is something I learned from a friend and have tried with my own daughter and preschool students….with raving success! Have a Bravery Bell. It can be any kind of bell. My friend has a ship’s bell mounted in her dining room. I use a Zenergy Chime with my kiddos. The bell is reserved for when a child (or anyone) is brave enough to try a new thing (food, activity or anything that requires bravery) and then (and only then) does the child get to ring the bell in celebration of their courage. It sounds simple and maybe even a little silly, but it is amazing how effective it is! The children love earning the right to ring that special bell and you love that they were willing to try something new. And half the time getting them to take that first bite is half the battle!
Ways to enjoy this zucchini avocado dip
- With crackers and/or sliced veggies
- On a sandwich or wrap
- Slathered on grilled mushrooms, chicken, fish or steak.
- On top of salad instead of dressing.
Other veggie-loaded dips and sauces you will love…
- Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto
- The BEST Beet Hummus
- Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce (vegan)
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce (quick & easy)
- Butternut Squash Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Kid-Friendly Vegetable Sauce
5-Minute Zucchini Avocado Dip
- food processor or high-speed blender
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor or blender. Run until the hummus has a smooth consistency. Scrape down the sides of the food processor or blender and run again.
- Taste and add more garlic, cumin, or salt if desired. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, blending in between, if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy or store in fridge in an air tight container for up to 4 days.