Just 7 wholesome ingredients stand between you and these healthy, no-bake Chocolate Avocado Bites– a vegan, nut-free and Paleo recipe that is a perfect treat to whip up when it is too hot to cook.Jump to Recipe
I don’t know about y’all, but you couldn’t get me to turn on my oven right now if my life depended on it. Adding to the heat that we are currently rocking here in San Diego sounds about as appealing as walking across broken glass on my lips. Am I being a bit dramatic? Yeah, but you get the point.
90℉ days don’t exactly make me excited about cooking, but food still needs to happen. So I am all about all the no-bake recipes right now….especially these no-bake chocolate avocado bites!
I love making no bake bites since they are super easy and are really great to grab as a quick , healthier treat. And they are awesome for a quick energy burst when you’ve had a little too much fun in the sun and the hangries are starting to take over. However, these bites usually contain nuts, which can be a no-go for many families with serious nut allergies. Which is exactly why I made these no-bake chocolate avocado bites nut-free!
These chocolate avocado bites are still loaded with healthy fat from (you guessed it) avocado and a dose of coconut. I’ve also added shelled hemp seeds for a boost of protein and some cocoa powder to make these bites a deliciously healthy dessert that also serves your body.
Tips for making No-Bake Chocolate Avocado Bites
- Make them in the food processor. Seriously. I know high-speed blenders are awesome at doing pretty much anything a food processor can do. However, making bites is not one of them. Dates can be super taxing on a blender and you don’t want to kill your beloved kitchen appliance.
- Store them in the freezer until right before eating. Because there is avocado in these, they are softer than the typical date-based bite and hold their shape best when kept frozen. But don’t worry, they are soft enough to enjoy right out of the freezer.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor a couple of times as the dough may stick. This will help to make sure everything gets incorporated evenly.
- Press dough firmly when rolling into bites.
- If nut free isn’t important, make these chocolate avocado bites with nuts! Replace all or part of the coconut flakes and shelled hemp seeds with finely chopped nuts or almond meal.
- Add more or less cocoa powder based on taste preference.
Other recipes you are going to love
Loving the veggie-loaded goodness and hungry for more? Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
No-Bake Chocolate Avocado Bites
- food processor
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- extra shredded coconut, hemp seeds, or extra cocoa powder for rolling in optional
- Add hemp seeds, coconut, cocoa powder and avocado to the food processor with your "S" blade and run again until everything is thoroughly combined. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the pitted dates in the (now empty) food processor and run. Make sure you evenly distribute the dates in the food processor. Run until the dates are well chopped and form a ball in the food processor. This step might cause your food processor to shake. Just hold it down with your hand for your own peace of mind and it’ll all be over in a minute or two.
- Once the dates have formed a ball in your food processor, stope the food processor. Using a spoon, smoosh the dates until they are evenly distributed in the bowl of the food processor. Add the avocado/chocolate mixture to the food processor. Add salt. Pulse until everything is well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times and continue pulsing to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Once well mixed, scoop out the mixture and put it in a medium bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in with a spoon.
- Using clean hands form and roll the date mixture into golf ball sized bites. Arrange them on a plate or cookie sheet. If desired, roll the finished balls in extra hemp seeds, coconut or extra cocoa powder.
- Once done rolling the bites, pop them into the freezer for 2 hours to harden up a bit.
- Once frozen, place in an air-tight freezer-safe container and store in freezer for about a month.