Now these Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies are how to start a day right! The perfect taste and texture, healthy and loaded with amazing ingredients! Gluten free, vegan, and naturally sweetened. These are a morning must-make!Jump to Recipe
Um, who here wants cookies for breakfast? Oh everyone? Yeah, I thought so.
Seriously, cookies for breakfast is kind of the best idea ever, but they should still be healthy and filled with nutrient dense ingredients that fuels the body with nothing but good stuff! Like these Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies!
These beauties are PACKED with veggies, fiber, healthy fats and are naturally sweetened. And they are egg-free to boot, since I know so many of you are needing egg-free recipes for your home. However, they are still soft and sweet, making them the perfect breakfast to make ahead of time for a busy morning…or enjoy as a snack or healthy little afternoon treat!
How to make your own oat flour
Making your own oat flour at home is super easy and only requires a blender.
For this recipes, place 2 1/2 cups of uncooked rolled oats into your blender and pulse until the oats are broken down into a flour.
If you prefer, you can also buy pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores or online.
An important thing to remember is that not all oats or oat flours are automatically gluten free. If gluten free is important, be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled “gluten-free”.
- Use a food processor to grate carrots and apples. You can totally use a box grater, but if you are all about saving time in the kitchen, using your food processor with the shredding blade attachment is a great kitchen hack that I often use!
- Sub the raisins for chocolate chips for a little something extra sweet
- Use eggs instead of flax meal and water. If eggs aren’t a no-go in your house, feel free to sub 2 large eggs or 3 small for the flax and water in this recipe.
- Use whole wheat flour instead of the oats. If gluten free isn’t important in your house, sub the oat flour for whole wheat.
Other veggie-loaded breakfast recipes you are going to adore
- Instant Pot Morning Glory Oatmeal
- Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Green Smoothie Muffins
- Oatmeal Green Smoothie Waffles
Loving the veggie-loaded goodness and hungry for more?Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Egg-Free Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 9 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups oat flour make sure it is certified gluten free if gluten free is important
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Alternatively, use a little extra coconut oil to grease the sheets to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- In a medium bowl. Combine the water and ground flax meal. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to allow it to "gel". This will make the "flax eggs" and serves as a binding agent in the cookies.
- After the flax "eggs" have gelled, add the remaining ingredients except the raisins to the bowl. Mix throughly.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, portion the cookies out onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten the cookies a bit with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on cooling rack.
- Enjoy immediately, store in an airtight container, or freeze for breakfasts or snacks