This Mint Chocolate Avocado Mousse is delicious, simple and healthy dessert you can make in minutes! Full of healthy fat from avocados and naturally sweetened, you are going to be licking your blender clean!
Am I wrong, or do people get freaked out by the idea of avocado in their desserts?
I guess I can’t blame them, as it wasn’t too terribly long ago that I would have been making the most appalling of faces at the idea of turning green avocados into dessert. However, if you can get your brain past the fact that what you mash up to put on your toast is also an ingredient in your dessert cup, you will find yourself with a delicious new world before you….the world of avocado mousse.
TNNers, before you run for the hills and think I’ve lost my mind, no….this mousse doesn’t taste like avocados. Avocados have this magical ability to transform into this lovely, decadent and creamy treat when combined with a little chocolate and natural sweetener. Chocolate and avocado, while an unlikely pairing, can create the most delicious of creamy desserts that is loaded with healthy fats and nutrients. You can have your cake (or in this case chocolate mousse) and eat it too. And now I have added mint into the glory.
Skip the mint. Love the idea of avocado mousse but not into the mint? Just omit it and enjoy this as a delicious and easy chocolate pudding.
Opt different plant-based milk. Almond milk or any non-dairy milk will work. Heads up, the thinner the milk used, the less thick the mousse will be.
Use dairy milk in dairy-free isn’t needed. Replace the coconut cream with heavy whipping cream in this chocolate avocado mousse recipe.
Adjust the sweetness and mint to fit YOUR preference. Feel free to add more or less maple syrup or mint extract to your mousse depending on how sweet you’d like it.
Other delicious avocado recipes
- Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto
- How To Store Avocado
- Paleo Avocado Chocolate Bread
- Chocolate Avocado Strawberry Muffins
- No-Bake Chocolate Avocado Bites
Loving this mint chocolate avocado mousse and hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Mint Chocolate Avocado Mousse (vegan + Paleo)
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon mint extract (depending on how strong you want it)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits with a spoon. Scoop the avocado flesh into a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times to ensure that everything is evenly blended into the mousse.
- Taste the mousse and add more maple syrup and/or mint extract if needed to reach your desired taste preference. Blend again if more sweetener or extract is added.
- Divide avocado mousse into 4 small jars, cups, or containers. You can enjoy immediately but I find it best if chilled in fridge for at least an hour. Or save it for up to 2 days in your fridge. When ready to enjoy, top with whipped coconut cream, berries or chocolate chips.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
great recipe, thanks for sharing!
I love chocolate avocado mousse. The most unexpected of recipes!
Do you mix the fat into the coconut milk before you use it? It separates out in the can, doesn’t it? Thanks!
I do shake up the can!
Thanks for posting this. I just made it & it is probably the best chocolate mousse I have ever had!
I am so glad you enjoyed it!