These Lemon Paleo Muffins are so easy to make in one bowl and are so delicious! Gluten free, dairy free, easily made nut-free and refined sugar free- they make a great breakfast, snack or dessert.
Pin for later!
I get inspiration for recipes in all kinds of interesting places. From travel. From my students. From my friends. From the farmer’s market. From a bowl of almost bad lemons.
Yeah, you read that last one correctly. This recipe was inspired by the need to clean out my fruit bowl. Romantic and moving…right? Probably not, but it is also the truth.
Like many people, I really hate food waste. It hurts my heart and I try to not to pitch any of the food that we are so fortunate to have. Even the lemons.
If you have ever walked around the streets of Southern California, you can’t make a right turn without spying a citrus tree growing in someone’s yard. And when those suckers are in season, they are bursting with fruit! And this year has been especially fruitful in the citrus department. Especially lemons.
Everyone we know seems to have an incredibly successful lemon tree this year. And they are loading us up with their plethora of lemons. All of them. Weekly. Okay, maybe not weekly. But a lot. And, we’ve done everything we can think of with lemons. Lemonade stands (Alice has made bank this summer on this lemon use). Salad dressings. In our tea. In our water. In natural cleaning products. Nope, not many lemons have gone bad on my watch….and this One-Bowl Paleo Lemon Muffins might be my favorite no-waste venture yet!
So, when life gives *you* a bowl of (almost bad) lemons, go make One-Bowl Paleo Lemon Muffins!
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE HAPPENINGS HERE ON THE NATURAL NURTURER AND SUBSCRIBE HERE.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kick The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.
One-Bowl Paleo Lemon Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the oil, maple syrup/honey, eggs, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- In the same bowl, add the arrowroot powder, coconut flour, and baking soda, stirring until well combined, there are no lumps and coconut flour has had a chance to absorb liquid.
- Grease or line 8 holes in a muffin pan withcupcake liners. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into each cup.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days. Freeze the leftover muffins in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 month.