This Chocolate Chia Pudding is quick, easy and amazingly delicious. Made in your blender, this healthy dessert is also smooth and requires no baking! Vegan + Paleo
Chocolate chia pudding
I’ve made a lot of chia puddings in my day…..but *this* one is my favorite. Instant, made in two minutes (for real), smooth, loaded with protieny goodness chocolate chia pudding.
I know like a mama, a food blogger shouldn’t play favorites among her recipes….but I can’t help myself. Some recipes are special and this one absolutely is.
Chia pudding “fish eyes”
Chia pudding is known for being an amazing way to get Omega-3 and protein loaded chia seeds into one’s diet in an easy and tasty way. However, so so so many people simply can’t handle its tapioca texture and the sight of the black “fish eye” seeds (as one child put it to me). I get it. Absolutely.
Also….challenge accepted. The challenge to make a smooth chocolate chia pudding that masked the chia seeds for those “selective eaters”. TNNers, I totally did it.
My little trick
I found that by mixing the chia pudding in the blender for a few minutes, it not only gave the pudding a lovely smooth texture, but it also made it instantly thicken. No waiting around for the chia seeds to gel. No making it the night before or waiting 2-4 hours to enjoy your chia pudding.
You can decide in the moment that you want some chia pudding and literally be eating it in two minutes. Mixing chia pudding in my blender is now one of my new favorite kitchen shortcuts.
I traded in the black “fish eye” chia seeds for white chia seeds in the pudding, making them a little less detectable to those who don’t care for the visual appearance of of chia seeds (like my daughter).
Yeah, white chia seeds are totally a thing. I know! I was shocked too! Here is the kind I use.
So, this chocolate chia pudding is all sort of magical. Fast, healthy, smooth, and (most importantly) chocolate.
Other dessert recipes you are going to adore
- Coconut Chia Pudding (Paleo & vegan)
- Egg-Free Chocolate Butternut Squash Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with butternut squash)
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Loving this chocolate chia pudding and hungry for more?
Instant & Smooth Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 2 cup full fat coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey or to taste
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until pudding is desired thickness. You may need to scrape down the sides of your blender once or twice to make sure all ingredients are well blended into the pudding. Taste for sweetness and add extra maple syrup/honey if desired.
- Portion out into 6 small containers. Either enjoy immediately (it will be slightly warm from the blending process) or chill in fridge until you are ready to enjoy it (and you will!)
- Will last in fridge 5-6 days.
- I traded in the black “fish eye” chia seeds for white chia seeds in the pudding, making them a little less detectable to those who don’t care for the visual appearance of of chia seeds (like my daughter).
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.