Are you like me and NEVER remember to defrost your fish for dinner? This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon is going to rock your socks then! Wildly easy to throw together, super flavorful and cooked to perfections FROM FROZEN in your handy dandy IP….this going to be your new fast food!
Instant Pot lemon garlic salmon
I always have the best of intentions. In the beginning, it always seems like a really good idea.
I buy it at the store for a killer deal. Wild caught and frozen at its peek of freshness. It seems like the perfect thing to keep in the freezer for those nights when I am at a loss what to cook or at the end of the week when the fresh protein supply is looking pretty meager.
It always seems like a really good idea….
Until I forget to defrost it. Not once. Not twice. But for weeks at a time. Every time I need that frozen fish the most is the time I completely forget to take it out of the freezer.
Sure, could I put it in a water bath to help speed up the process? Totally, and I have. Except those extra crazy nights that I need that quick and fast meal also tends to be the night when my family (and myself) are clamoring for dinner to be on the table as fast as humanly possible. On those nights when I need it the most, we are NOT in the mood to wait for our frozen fish to enjoy a little spa soak in order to be soft enough to then be cooked.
Life changing cooking hack
I had started bypassing frozen fish all together… until I learned a brilliant and amazing and downright life changing hack that has saved my busy mama behind more than once in recent months…
You can cook fish from frozen in the Instant Pot!
Cooking frozen fish in Instant Pot
Now, I am still kind of new on the Instant Pot scene. It took me a while to give up my loyal slow cooker and embrace pressure cooking. But now that I have, there is no way in heck I can go back. Because, guys…..FROZEN FISH IN THE INSTANT POT….in like, 15 minutes…start to finish!!!!
Its winning all the way around (except for maybe for the fish). Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon is wildly easy to throw together, is super flavorful and cooked to perfections FROM FROZEN in your handy dandy IP!
Guys, this going to be your new fast food!
Other Instant Pot recipes you are going to love…
- Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker/ Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Veggie-Loaded Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Loving this Instant Pot lemon garlic salmon and hungry for more?
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon (from frozen!)
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen salmon filets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- fresh dill, basil, parsley or a mix a few springs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste or to taste (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/4 or to taste sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- Pour water and lemon juice into your Instant Pot. Add fresh herbs to the water/lemon juice mixture and place steamer rack in Instant Pot.
- Drizzle salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the salmon and place on the salmon in a single layer on the steamer rack in the Instant Pot. *
- Layer lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock in place and turn the valve to sealing.
- The use the Manual setting to cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes.*
- It will take your Instant Pot about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
- Once the time is up, switch the valve to venting to quick release the pressure.
- Enjoy warm over a salad, with roasted veggies or any other way that you can dream up!
- If the salmon is still not cooked all the way through once cook time is up (salmon cuts vary in shape and size), replace lid and let it sit in the hot IP for a few extra minutes to steam.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest