Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pulled Pork is simple, delicious, tender and drool-worthy. Super flavorful, easy and hearty, this is going to be a new dinner staple. Whole30, Paleo, gluten free, dairy-free.Jump to Recipe
I’m not sure how I ever got dinner on the table at a decent hour before my Instant Pot. No for real guys, it’s kind of a miracle.
Truth be told, I am not the most organized of people. I try to plan ahead and do really well some days. However, as the week drags on…the less organized I get. When it comes to work stuff, social events and definitely dinner.
We might start the week with a beautiful menu, stocked fridge and oodles of good ideas of how dinner is going to go off without a hitch or a frustrated slamming of the oven door….but without a doubt come Thursday night, I am running low on creativity and forethought.
Until I got my Instant Pot. Seriously I love that thing. It makes my disorganization a little less annoying and allows me to still get an awesome homemade dinner on the table before bedtime….
…and awesome dinner like pulled pork. Gosh, nothing says yum or comfort food quite like some pork cooked to perfection until it’s so tender that it falls apart when you bat an eyelash at it. And Instant Pot Pulled Pork is my current IP jam at the moment.
This recipe is AWESOME for those nights when you really didn’t have a plan or want to do much cooking, as you pretty much throw everything into the IP and walk away until it’s done and time to dig in! And it can be paired with lots of really great and easy side dishes like baked potatoes, rice (cauliflower or jasmine are my favorite), roasted veggies or even in a sandwich. Top it with some sauerkraut or homemade slaw and you are going to feel like you made a dinner fit for a king.
- Sub some of the cider with broth! If you like things a bit more savory or you just are running low on cider, sub out some of the cider in the recipe with your favorite broth!
- Make it in your slow cooker! This recipe is actually a spinoff of a pulled pork recipe I used to make in my slow cooker all the time before I discovered the magic of the Instant Pot.
Other Instant Pot recipes you need in your life
- Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 onion, peeled
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Instant Pot
- Cut pork into 3 equal pieces
- Add spices, oil, pork, onion, Apple cider and vinegar to the Instant
Pot and to stir to make sure everything is mixed together.
- Place lid on IP and make sure valve is switched to sealing. Using the manual setting, cook pork on HIGH pressure for 40 minutes. It will take your Instant Pot about 10 minutes to get up to pressure before the 40 minute cook time will start.
- Once the meat is done cooking, let the pressure natural release for
10 minutes before quick releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully remove pork with tongs and shred with two forks, in a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment (my favorite method) or however you like best!
- Return to the IP and switch to sauté setting. Allow mixture to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced to your personal preference.
- Enjoy warm over baked potatoes, salad, in a sandwich, over cauliflower or jasmine rice and/or with a side of roasted veggies.