These Healthy Veggie-Loaded Egg Cups are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy families. Whip them up one day, refrigerate or freeze them, and then heat them up and they are good to go!Jump to Recipe
I’m a sucker for veggies at breakfast. But you guys have probably already noticed that. It’s the getting the veggies into breakfast on crazy mornings that is the real trick.
Let’s be honest, it can be rough trying to focus on healthy eating first thing in the morning. The hustle to get out the door is fierce and the trying to make sure everyone has what they need for the day ahead can be all thought consuming. So, breakfast needs to be simple. I get that, because I need breakfast to be simple too.
Which is why I love breakfast foods I can make ahead of time. Things to keep on hand for chaotic mornings or days when we don’t have the usual bounce in our steps. Those are the mornings that I usually have to remind myself how terrible, nutritionally void store-bought muffins and donuts are for you….because those are the mornings when I want quick easy breakfast foods.
But, when you have a little foresight and a few great healthy make-ahead recipes, a nourishing breakfast can be a breeze. Easy, in fact! Like this recipe. This recipe is allllll the good stuff you need out of a breakfast food and something you can whip up the night before….or a few days before. And they reheat in a flash.
These Healthy Veggie-Loaded Egg Cups are wonderful to make for Sunday brunch or during your weekly meal prep to quickly reheat on those busy mornings. All the protein and nutrient-rich veggie goodness your body needs to kick-butt during the busy day ahead, but without the stress of trying to add cooking time into your morning routine.
Chop the veggies extra fine (or be lazy like me and run them through a a food processor) to make these egg cups extra kid-friendly or, if you aren’t dairy free, add a little shredded cheese into the mix for a little bonus flavor
Other Veggie-Loaded Breakfast recipes you are going to adore….
- Mini Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Healthy Lunch Box Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Superhero Waffles
Did you make this recipe? And did you love it? Awesome! I’d love for you give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations on by tagging me on Instagram!
Veggie-Loaded Egg Cups
- Muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with silicone muffin tin liners (these work best with egg cups as they prevent sticking).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet until it is hot and add shredded sweet potatoes . Cook sweet potato 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and zucchini to the skillet. Season with salt and garlic powder and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add spinach, stir and cook until it wilts (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove vegetables from heat and transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels. Using a wooden spoon, push veggies against the sides of the bowl and squeeze out excess water. Once you have removed as much water as you can from the veggies, set them aside to cool a bit (just 5ish minutes should be fine).
- Once veggies have slightly cooled, combine them with the beaten eggs in a medium bowl, stirring a bit to combine.
- Portion egg and veggie mixture evenly between the 12 mined muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs have set and are slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy warm or let cool before storing in and air-tight container in fridge for up to 4 days or in freezer for 1-2 months.