Creamy healthy ranch dressing comes together in 5 minutes and is made with simple real food ingredients! This super easy dressing will be your new favorite dip and salad topper!
Okay, so this recipe is a bit different than what I usually share.
Usually, I share recipes that have veggies already in them. But this recipe for healthy ranch dressing is to not veggie-loaded in itself, but undoubtedly will help you love eating veggies a bit more.
I’m not sure what it is, but something magical happens with kids and veggies when ranch is thrown into the mix. Maybe it is the dipping option. Maybe its the creamy flavor. Whatever it is, many kids and adults love their ranch.
And I am one of those ranch lovin’ people. I put it on everything. Salads, chicken, meatballs and all of my carrots sticks are absolutely dripping with a good amount of ranch dressing before I eat them.
However, many ranch dressing that are either made with some not-so-great ingredients. And the really awesome, real food bottled ranch dressings that are on the market are either not easy for everyone to find or are a bit pricy.
Truthfully, I made this recipe because my grocery budget couldn’t keep up with ranch habit. And once I started making this healthy ranch dressing, I was kind of hooked. It tastes better than even my favorite bottled brand, is super cheap to make, has all simple, whole food ingredients and comes together in next to no time. Try it out! I bet you won’t go back to the bottled stuff either!
Why this healthy ranch dressing is awesome
- it comes together in 5 minutes or less with the least amount of work possible.
- tastes better than the best bottled ranch dressing I’ve ever tasted
- is made from real food ingredients. And simple ones at that
- makes veggies exciting
- can jazz up any quick meal
Ways to enjoy healthy ranch dressing
- over a salad
- as a dipping sauce for Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites
- as a dipping sauce for a veggie platter
- to add pizzazz to a casserole (like Ranch Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole)
- with a spoon (no judgement, because I’ve done it. It’s kinda that good, TNNers)
What kind of yogurt to use when making healthy ranch dressing
- Plain. I know this might seem like an obvious one to many, but I want to make sure that no one tries to make this dressing with the vanilla or mango yogurt they have kicking around in their fridge. So before you start making this ranch dressing, make sure the yogurt you are using has no flavorings or added sugar.
- Use greek yogurt for a thicker dipping sauce.
- Use regular plain yogurt for a drizzly dressing that will easily pour over salads or mix in with casseroles.
Other recipes you ranch lovers are going to adore….
- Ranch Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Healthy Ranch Spinach Turkey Meatballs
- Paleo Whole30 Ranch Dressing
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Did you make this recipe? And did you love it? Awesome! I’d love for you give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations on by tagging me on Instagram!
Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice or to taste
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 1/8 tsp onion powder or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together. Taste. Adjust to preferred level of saltiness, garlic or acidity.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge. Dressing should be good until the expiration date of yogurt used.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!