These flourless peanut butter muffins are not only super easy to make, but out-of-this-world delicious! Naturally gluten free and full of real food ingredients, these will be your new go to muffins!Jump to Recipe
“Babe, these are amazing. Really amazing,” my husband said as he alternated between staring at and eating the freshly baked muffin in his hand on a Saturday morning. As a food blogger, a lot of new recipes come through our family’s kitchen. Some good. Others great. Some don’t make the cut. And while my husband, Ken, always willingly eats whatever crazy concoction I put on in front of him with a grateful smile on his face….he saves this kind of compliment for my very best recipes. Needless to say, these Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins are destined to become frequent flyers in our baking rotation.
Peanut butter is kind of a big deal in my house. My daughter and husband share a deep love and passion for PB that I only kind of get. I like all nut butters just fine, but those two are obsessed with peanut butter. So when Alice tackled me awake (way too early) one weekend morning with the request to make peanut butter muffins, I was none too surprised that THAT was her flavor of choice.
These muffins are great for a whole slew of reasons:
- They are made with really simple, non-fancy ingredients. So if you are new to grain-free baking (or healthy baking in general), these muffins are the perfect place to start baking since you don’t have to go out and stock up on all kinds of new flours before making them.
- You mix the entirely in your food processor. Fewer dishes = Win
- They are ridiculously easy to whip up. I made this batch at 6 am before coffee with a hungry 4 year old doing laps around me. If I can do it under those circumstances, you can make these no matter what your baking skill level.
Can I make these peanut butter muffins nut-free?
Yes, but there is a catch.
If you want/need to make these nut free, it would be totally easy to do! Just sub the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter.
HOWEVER….fun fact. When you combine sun flower seed with baking soda in a recipe….the baked good will turn GREEN! Totally edible, just a little funky looking.
So I suggest adding 1/4 cup cocoa powder to this recipe to mask the green color when using sunflower seed butter.
Other flourless muffin recipes you are going to adore…
- Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Ready to give ’em a try? Here’s the recipe coming at you below!
Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins
- Muffin tin
- food processor
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce can also sub 1 very ripe banana
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor. Run until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed and run to ensure that all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, portion out the batter between the 12 lined muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean and the top of the muffins is slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy plain or with homemade chia jam.
- Let cool completely before storing in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to 5 days