Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto is a great way to get extra veggies into any meal. Delicious, quick to make, and a versatile recipe for pesto that can be enjoyed in so many ways!Jump to Recipe
Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto
We busy people need all the easy, simple recipes we can get our hands on. Amiright?
Especially when it comes to adding flavor to dinner. And veggies! Which is why I am loving on this Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto so hard right now.
It comes together in minutes, is packed with flavor that breathes life and joy into just about any blah meal, and is loaded with greens and avocado. It keeps in your fridge for days, so you can whip up a batch during your weekly meal prep (or when you have a spare 5 minutes) and use it whenever you need a little pizzazz added to a dish.
Why this Avocado Spinach Pesto is so good
- Super easy to make. Just toss everything into your food processor or blender and BAM, flavor is instantly added to a meal.
- Veggie-loaded. 3 cups of spinach, y’all! And healthy fat from awesome avocados! And whipped into magical, delicious perfection.
- Keeps for day. You can make it ahead of time to make dinner time that much easier or to add flavor to a meal.
- Versatile. I love pesto over pasta, but there are so many different ways to pesto. Such as…..
Ways to enjoy this Spinach Avocado Pesto
- On pasta
- Instead of red sauce on a pizza
- Slathered on toast
- Dolloped on eggs
- Smeared on chicken, steak or fish
- Instead of mayo in a chicken or tuna salad
- Make it dairy-free/vegan by swapping the cheese for nutritional yeast.
- Replace some of the spinach with fresh basil.
- Make it in your blender. I used my food processor, but a blender should work just fine. You might need to scrape down the sides and blend a few extra times.
- Freeze leftovers. I find pesto freezes beautifully. Freeze leftovers in an ice cube tray to have smaller portions ready to grab and use. Or store in a mason jar.
Other easy dinner recipes that get veggies in!
- Mushroom Lentil Pasta
- Teriyaki Broccoli Chickpea Stir Fry
- Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce (vegan)
- Sweet Potato Apple Sausage Skillet
- Instant Pot Black Bean & Butternut Squash Soup
Avocado Spinach Pesto
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach or use some fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped or sliver almonds or you can use pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic or to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except water. Blend on high speed until a pesto paste forms.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor and blend again until desired consistency is achieved and all ingredients are incorporated. If your pesto is too dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time and blend again until the consistency is just right.
- Taste. Adjust flavors as needed by adding extra garlic, salt or lemon juice. Blend again.
- Add to pasta, on a pizza or however you want to enjoy it. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-6 days or in freezer for months to come.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!