I wish I had known years ago how easy and cost efficient homemade natural foaming hand soap could be. Like, so easy. Besides the fact that you are skipping the yucky stuff that are in so many of the hand soap on the market today, this DIY Natural Foaming Hand Soap is probably the easiest product for your home that you can whip up.
I have been concerned about the antibacterial ingredients in many commercially made soaps for years and had been trying to find easier, more natural options to buy. And while I found some that were lovely and did the trick, they were often costly and still contained ingredients that I wasn’t wild about.
I had never even considered taking the soapy matters into my own hands until, one day, I found myself at a make-and-take workshop that my friend was putting on in her home.
With a mimosa in my hand, I wandered from station to station at the workshop, looking over the different products I could make. Bath salts. Sugar scrubs. Body butter. Foaming Hand Soap.
Wait…what? You can make your own hand soap?!
I was totally floored. I checked out the ingredients and instructions and was stunned to see how simple the process actually was. The magic of the soap was a little dispenser that pumped air into a blend of water, castile soap, oil and essential oils And that was it. So simple. So clean. So natural. And once the initial needed items were purchased, the cost of making the soap was so much cheaper than the natural soaps I had been dumping my money into!
I sat down and threw together a bottle in less than 5 minutes. Start to finish. And the foamy soap was so loved and enjoyed by my family that I haven’t gone back to the stores for soap since. It may seem like a simple thing to some, making your own soap, but it was a nice big step for me in cleaning up my home products in a natural, budget-friendly way.
You will need…..
- 1 foaming hand soap dispenser
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 1 teaspoon liquid oil (such as almond, olive, jojoba, avocado, and argan oil)
- 10 drops favorite essential oil
1. Pour the water to the soap dispenser, filling the container until it is 80% full. Leave the remaining 20% of the dispenser empty so that there is air in the bottle to help create that lovely foaming action!
2. Next, add the castile soap, essential oils, and oil an in your foaming hand soap dispenser. Twist the pump of the dispenser on. Give the whole thing a little swirl to combine.
3. You’re done!
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE HAPPENINGS HERE ON THE NATURAL NURTURER AND SUBSCRIBE HERE.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest
glass or plastic?
Either! I opt for glass though!
Can you do this with a regular soap dispenser?
My glass dispensers arrived today and I just made this – it took me all of 10 seconds and foams really well! 🙂 Definitely making this again!
What’s the purpose of the liquid oil in this recipe? Just curious:)
Thanks for this effective and easy recipe. I really love your site and appreciate your time and attention to helping others live a more thoughtful life.
Thank you so much, Michelle!
Just wondering, why do you need the teaspoon of oil?
I’ve been using this recipe for a couple of years now and at least for me, I think it helps moisturize your skin again since washing usually dries it out a bit, even with no harsh chemicals.
Yes! It keeps from over drying the skin!
I helps to keep the soap from over drying the skin!
Do you have to continually remix the oil and water (shaking up the bottle) or does it stay blended pretty well?