5-Minute Zucchini Avocado Smoothie (Dairy-Free)
This Zucchini Avocado Smoothie recipe is a great way to pack in extra veggies! It’s creamy, refreshing, and flavorful — a great snack or breakfast smoothie. And best of all, it’s ready in 5 minutes.
Yep. I went there. I put zucchini in a smoothie! But that probably won’t come as much of a surprise to many of you longtime and faithful TNNers, as I have been making out-of-the-box fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes for years. My Spinach Pineapple Smoothie and Blueberry Spinach Smoothie are two of my MOST POPULAR recipes and ones that you guys always email me about.
This Zucchini Avocado Smoothie is a legit easy and veggie-loaded breakfast. This recipe makes 2 servings and done in 5 minutes with NO COOKING and minimal prep. This smoothie is dairy-free, perfectly sweet from mango, loaded with raw zucchini (!), healthy fat from avocado, and greens for extra goodness. It is the perfect healthy smoothie to make for a busy morning that will keep you going all morning long.
This zucchini smoothie is the perfect place to start your veggie-loaded journey, even if you are a kitchen newbie!
Can you use raw zucchini in a smoothie?
Yes! Many people don’t know that you can eat zucchini raw and, yep, you can add them to a smoothie!
I find that zucchini makes a smoothie nice and creamy without dairy being added!
Can you put frozen zucchini in a smoothie?
Assuming that it is unseasoned, you sure can! Just be sure to puree the frozen zucchini up with whatever liquid you are using first before adding other smoothie ingredients. That way, the zucchini gets finely chopped and truly blended into the smoothie.
What are the best vegetables for smoothies?
I feel like there are so many veggies that are perfect for adding to smoothies, and some might surprise you! Here are the ones used in the recipes below and that I often keep on hand to throw into a fruit and veggie smoothie!
- Bell Peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
- Riced Cauliflower
- Cooked Sweet Potato
- Butternut Squash Puree
- Pumpkin Puree
- Frozen Mango or Pineapple
Wondering what to do when you have leftover avocado? Check out How to Store Avocados (Ripe, Unripe & Already Cut) for my best tips and tricks to get the most out of your produce!
- Use whatever milk you prefer! I love this smoothie with almond milk or oat milk. But if dairy-free isn’t needed, you can use cow milk too.
- Add nut butter for a boast of healthy fat.
- Toss in your favorite protein powder to add protein to this zucchini smoothie recipe. I like to use collagen powder since it is a simple, 1-ingredient protein powder.
- Use frozen zucchini instead of fresh. Just blend the zucchini and plant milk first before adding the remaining smoothie ingredients. That way, the zucchini is nice and smooth.
- Replace the mango with banana.
- Add extra fruit like blueberries or strawberries!
- Add ground flax meal or chia seeds for some healthy Omega-3s!
Optional Smoothie Add-ins
The great thing about smoothies are they are so customizable! You can use what you have on hand or add (or subtract) whatever you like with almost always a delicious outcome. If you love the idea of this zucchini smoothie, but want to take it to the next level…here are some delicious add-ins I often use in my smoothies.
- Cocoa powder to make it chocolaty!
- Nut butter
- Flax meal
- Chia seeds
- Protein powder
Other veggie-loaded smoothies to get those veggies in early!
- Easy Green Smoothie
- Pink Beet Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Cherry Smoothie (with spinach)
- Simple Spinach Mango Smoothie
- 15+ Fruit and Veggie Smoothies
Did you try this zucchini smoothie recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
5-Minute Zucchini Avocado Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk , or milk of choice
- 1 cup chopped zucchini , (I have used both fresh zucchini and steamed and then frozen zucchini in this recipe. Both work wonderfully.)
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach or other greens
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- 1-2 cups frozen mango, or to taste depending on how sweet you like it
- Combine milk, zucchini, and spinach in a blender and blend until smooth and the greens are well chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Portion into glasses and enjoy immediately.