This Creamy Spinach Walnut Pesto is garlicy, nutty, and the most glorious shade of Kelly green. It goes great on pasta, toast, eggs, or whatever else your pesto loving heart can think up to slather pesto on!
My pesto love story
For a better part of my young adult life, I just accepted it as something that I enjoyed while dining out at lovely little Italian joints. In my older (and obviously, wiser) years, I discovered how ridiculously easy pesto is to make at home.
Since then, I have taken pleasure in delicious pesto while in the comfort of my yoga pants and fuzzy slippers (apart from the occasional fancy-shmancy date night out to above stated little Italian joints).
With my age and wisdom, I also started taking some creative liberties with traditional pesto recipes. Enter my two friend, spinach and walnut.
I know, I know. Its sounds a bit crazy, but just trust me on this, guys.
Spinach walnut pesto
This pesto is garlicy, nutty, and the most glorious shade of Kelly green (who doesn’t love that shade of green?).
It goes great on pasta, toast, eggs, or whatever else your pesto loving heart can think up to slather pesto on.
Ready for the bonus? It take (literally) under 10 minutes to make.
Dinner can be as simple as throwing some whole wheat angle hair in hot water and blending up my crazy recipe in your food processor and putting it on the table. So, don’t you dare call Domino’s tonight….
Other pesto-related recipes that you will love…
Enjoying this spinach walnut pesto?
Creamy Spinach Walnut Pesto
- 2 large clove of garlic (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (or to taste)
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic to finely chop it.
- Add walnuts, spinach, basil, avocado, oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl of the food processor as necessary.
- If needed, add water a tablespoon at a time to achieve desired consistency.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!