These Orange Cranberry Muffins are moist, delicious, sweet, and everything that traditional orange cranberry baked goods are, except I made these suckers totally grain-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened with dates. It’s the glory of the traditional Christmas taste that we all love…just a tad bit healthier.
Chrismasifying our house
Guys, I’ve been busting at the seams for weeks for it to be the day after Thanksgiving. And not because of Black Friday (I was never much of a crowds or shopping kinda girl). But because it means it is socially appropriate for my Christmas-crazed side to shine.
My little family’s day-after-Thanksgiving tradition is to Christmasify our house and life as much as possible… All while staying put in our warm house and cozy jammies. We play the classic Christmas songs (All I want For Christmas Is You is my Christmas jam), put up our tree, and bake (oh, how we bake).
One of my absolute favorite flavors of the season is the glorious, tangy combo of orange and cranberries.
Orange and cranberries combo
It’s tangy. It’s sweet. And it’s fantastically Christmas! Bahhhhhhh I just love this flavor combination so much that I couldn’t possibly pass up creating my own little TNN recipe inspired by it.
And of course it had to be muffins. Because we all know how much I love anything and everything that comes out of a muffin tin….
More healthy muffins
- One-Bowl Carrot Paleo Muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Veggie-Loaded Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins (with squash)
Enjoying these orange cranberry muffins?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Orange Cranberry Muffins (grain free)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees and line a muffin tin with paper lines or silicone liners (I find that silicone liners almost always work better with coconut flour muffin recipes, as it doesn’t stick as much to the silicone).
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl. Set the bowl aside when done. Sometimes almond meal has big chunks of nut that wont make it through the sifter. That’s okay, just pitch those bigger pieces. We want a really fine grain flour to make these muffins soft and fluffy.
- In a blender, combine eggs, pitted dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice. Blend until the mixture is smooth and the dates are well chopped.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
- Gently fold in fresh cranberries to the batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion the batter into the lined muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins start to turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool completely before enjoying.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest