5-Minute Nourish Cherry Smoothie (with Spinach!)
This cherry smoothie recipe features frozen pitted cherries, spinach, mango, and your favorite milk (plant-based or not!) for a wholesome, delicious breakfast smoothie or snack. Ready within 5 minutes in a high-powdered blender.
Check out How to store spinach so that you always have perfect greens on hand for this cherry smoothie!
Smoothies are a pretty serious morning ritual around my house. Especially a delicious fruit smoothie recipe with spinach…because they are so easy! And because we know a breakfast smoothie with vegetables is the perfect way to start a day out with a belly full of plants!
Smoothies are the ultimate fast food, in my book. And they are especially perfect for the warmer months when motivation to cook is low and the heat in our houses is high!
This Cherry Smoothie (with spinach) is a winner for sure! My family loves how it tastes like a dessert and is icy cold for when you need something refreshing. I love that it is made with just 5 ingredients that are easy to find, makes 2 servings, requires no cooking, and is easy enough for even my 10-year-old to make on her own. Since you can use whatever kind of milk you like, this cherry smoothie can easily be dairy-free and fit into any eating style.…but is already vegetarian and gluten free.
- Make it dairy free by using your favorite plant milk.
- Use banana instead of mango It comes down to taste preference and what you have on hand. I find that mangos and banana both offer up the sweetness that smoothies need and you can use either in this cherry smoothie.
- Use pitted, fresh cherries and toss in some ice for that frosty feel you look for in a smoothie.
- Up the veggies by tossing in more spinach, some rice cauliflower or even a little roasted beet!
- Add berries. Blueberries and strawberries both go beautifully in this cherry smoothie.
- Power this cherry smoothie up by adding some “boosters” to add flavor, different nutrients and/or textures. See below for some ideas of what you can use to enhance this already amazing smoothie recipe.
You can really make a smoothie your own and jam with so many good-for-you things to add-in! They are kind of my secret weapon as a busy working mom to making sure we all get oodles of plants into our bellies, no matter how busy the day is!
I love to start with a base of a good smoothie (like this cherry smoothie recipe) and then add-in ingredients based on what I have on hand, what sounds good, and what I kind of feel like we need a little extra of in our day. Here are some great ingredients you can opt to add-in to this cherry smoothie or pretty much any smoothie recipe.
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Pitted dates
- Cocoa powder
Other veggie-loaded smoothie recipes that you are going to live off of this summer
- Easy Green Smoothie
- Pink Beet Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Power-Up Green Smoothie
- Sunrise Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie
Did you try this smoothie recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
5-Minute Nourishing Cherry Smoothie (with Spinach!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen mango, can sub on banana
- In your blender, combine water, milk and spinach. Blend until spinach is entirely pureed.
- Add cherries and mango to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add extra milk or water if needed to reach desired consistency and blend again.
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy immediately.