Delicious and easy to make in one bowl, these Carrot Paleo Muffins are going to dazzle your tastebuds! Full of nutrient dense carrots, almonds and other amazing ingredients, but these surprisingly fluffy and soft muffins are naturally gluten free and dairy-free!Jump to Recipe
Originally posted 2/12/2019. Updated 10/20/2020
Carrot Paleo Muffins
Carrots is one of my go-to veggies for easy veggie-loading.
Not only are they easily accessible year round in most places, but they last forever in your crisper and go so well in many things, sweet and savory alike!
I really love adding carrots to all the thing. Meatloaves, smoothies, salads and most definitely baked goods!
And of course muffins! Carrots not only add nutrients to a muffin, but moisture and natural sweetness to boot! Which is why these carrot Paleo muffins are the bee’s knees!
Health benefits of carrots
According to the USDA Nutrient Data, these root vegetables are also a a great source of
- vitamin K
- vitamin C
- vitamin B6
So yeah, lets keep veggie-loading our foods with awesome sauce carrots! And these Paleo muffins are rocking a full cup of them!
Why almond meal?
Almonds are also nutritional powerhouses! I really love baking with almond butter or meal/flours since almonds are a rich source of vitamin E, magnesium, iron and oodles of other nutrients! More bang for your muffin buck!
Plus, with all that protein and healthy fat from almonds, these Carrot Paleo Muffins I find that these carrot Paleo muffins tend to stick to my bones until lunch instead of me looking for a snack a few hours later like traditional muffin recipes.
Why these Carrot Paleo Muffins are so good!
- Easy to make! One bowl and a muffin tin is all you need.
- Perfect for breakfast, snack or even a dessert! Veggie-loading for all the meals!
- Full of good-for-you carrots. A full cup goes into these muffins, offering up nutrients, moisture, and natural sweetness.
- Naturally gluten free and dairy-free for those who need that.
- Sweetened with maple syrup or honey, and just 1/4 cup at that!
- Soft. Many Paleo muffins are on the dense side, but these muffins are perfectly fluffy.
- Make great leftovers. Make a batch now, pop them in the fridge and enjoy them for days to come.
- Play with the sweetness! My family prefers baked goods that are not overly sweet, but if you like the sweeter side of life, feel free to play with the honey/maple syrup in this recipe! Up the amount of sweetener to 1/3 cup if you like or reduce it for a slightly sweet muffin.
- Add chocolate chips for an extra fun sweet treat the kiddos (and grown-ups) will go crazy for.
- Top with raisins. Raisins and carrots are a flavor match made in heaven, so those go great in these Paleo muffins too!
- Freeze some to enjoy later or for a grab-and-go breakfast on a busy morning.
Other Paleo muffin recipes you are going to adore…
- Chocolate Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Paleo Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Paleo Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with butternut squash)
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Paleo Muffins
Carrot Paleo Muffins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or avocado oil
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, maple syrup/honey, vanilla, almond milk. Whisk together.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the carrots. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Fold in carrots.
- Portion out the batter between the lined muffin holes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.