These Carrot Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are so delicious! Sweet, tender and loaded with good-for-you carrots…they are the perfect healthy dessert! Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened. The whole family will adore these!Jump to Recipe
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These veggie-loaded, soft Paleo cookies are so so so good. Soft with just the right amount of melty chocolate chips, they are sure to disappear as soon as the leave the oven. Mixed up in one bowl and rocking a cup of added veggies, these cookies are perfect the perfect sweet treat to bake for your family or for when you just want a good-for-you dessert.
Because these cookies are paleo, they’re also gluten free. If you use dairy-free chocolate chips (affiliate link), these carrot cookies are also dairy free, too!
Why these carrot cookies are so dang good…
- Carrots! I mean, who doesn’t want to get more veggies in? Carrots add natural moisture and sweetness to these cookies and adds veggies into your life that is extra delicious.
- Kid-approved. Watch how quickly little hands snatch these cookies off the baking sheet!
- Mixed in one bowl! Who needs more dishes? Not me and certainly not you! These cookies come together easily in one bowl so you aren’t left with a sink full of dishes.
- Soft. The tapioca starch helps to give these cookies a tenderness that is sometimes lacking in Paleo baked goods.
- Lower in added sugar than most chocolate chip cookie recipes. Just a little maple syrup or honey and some chocolate chips, if you want a cookie, these are some delicious ones you can feel extra good about enjoying.
- Full of healthy fat and protein from almond flour and eggs! These Paleo chocolate chips cookies are a dessert that also gives your body a little extra fuel.
- Skip the chocolate chips and enjoy these as a breakfast cookie!
- Replace the applesauce with mashed banana
- Freeze leftovers so that you always have a sweet treat on hand!
- Sub the carrots with grated zucchini. Just be sure to squeeze out the moisture from the zucchini first or you will be left with soggy cookies.
- Replace the chocolate chips with raisins.
Other amazing Paleo Cookie recipes
- Fudgy Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- 6-Ingredient Zucchini Almond Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Almond Butter Vegan Cookies
Carrot Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with a little extra oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, salt, baking powder and cinnamon, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in flax meal. Add the carrots next, stirring again until just combined.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a heaping tablespoon or small cookie scoop, portion out the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store leftovers in fridge or freezer to enjoy in the future.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!