“Boo”nanas are one of the simplest healthy Halloween treats (next to clementine “pumpkins”) that you can create for your little ghosts and goblins squeal that will make them squeal with joy without turning them into little sugar-crazed beings.
If you can’t be an obnoxiously adorable mom who makes art out of her kid’s food at Halloween….when can you be? Exactly, so I’m taking this holiday and running with my healthy food art. Don’t worry, it’ll be over soon.
Easy “boo”nanas treat
The other day, my daughter was oh-so-pleased to see a “Boo”nana staring back at her from her breakfast plate (yes, complete with the pepitas spelling out “Boo!”).
Seriously, guys. I think this simple little treat made her week….and they are as easy as squishing some chocolate chips into a banana (because that is exactly how you make them).
Does it have a little chocolate?
It sure does. But considering that your kiddo will be too busy nomming on their boonana to even notice all the processed Halloween crap they are missing out on, you can let them have 3 little chocolate chips and still call it healthy.
You only live once and if you can’t enjoy a few chocolate chips stuck in a banana from time-to-time, than what can you do?
More healthy snacks
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- Veggie-Loaded Pizza Muffins
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Blondies
- Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins (with squash)
Enjoying these “boo”nanas?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
- 2 bananas peeled
- 4 small chocolate chips this is the kind I used
- 2 larger chocolate chips
- Take two small chocolate chips and push them into the flesh of the banana to create the eyes.
- Take one large chocolate chip and also push it into the banana to create the mouth.
- Enjoy immediately. If you are creating these for a party and would like to make them ahead of time, I recommend creating them as close to the party time as possible. Store in an air-tight container in fridge.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
Such a fun recipe to make! 🙂