Perfect for a colorful and delicious no cook meal, this Berry Avocado Spinach Salad will dazzle your eyes as well as your taste buds. Brought next level with easy homemade poppyseed dressing, this healthy salad will be your go to all summer long!
Published July 7, 2014. Last updated June 29, 2021.
I’ll be honest, I have never been a salad lover. I wasn’t a raw veggie fan growing up and most dressings just seems so overwhelming in flavor that I was put off.
To me, I alway found salads boring and something to be choked down in an effort to get more veggies in. However, it turns out that I was just eating the wrong kinds of salads.
What changed my veggie-loaded tune
A few years ago, when a heatwave hit and cooked ones veggies seemed like the last thing I wanted in my life or on my plate, I became determined to get fall in love with salads. While trying to find salad combinations that appealed to my palate, I learned to get creative.
The secret to a great salad, in my opinion, is to make it diverse in textures, flavors, and beautiful to the eyes.
I love this Berry Avocado Spinach Salad in the summer. All of its ingredients are in season and the ingredients are just popping with flavor and color. The dressing is light and zingy, a nice compliment to the fruit.
I packed these salads for my husband and myself for work day lunches. We had stocked up at our local farmer’s market the day before and all of the ingredients just happened to be sitting in my produce basket, just begging to be made into a summer salad.
I highly recommend serving the Poppyseed Dressing on the side. Fruits’ and vegetables’ flavors vary in richness depending on time in the growing season and how early they were picked before they are consumed. The flavor of the fruits and vegetables will impact how much dressing you will want to add to it.
Do you have some leftover spinach after making this Berry Avocado Spinach Salad? Don’t let it go to waste! Check out my tips & tricks for keeping spinach fresh all week!
More no-cook veggie-loaded recipes to get your through the summer!
- Simple Spinach Mango Smoothie
- Cherry Smoothie (with spinach)
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Salad
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Carrot Balls
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Berry Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium ripe avocado pitted, peeled, and diced.
For poppyseed dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce for a vegan option, Annie's has a great vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss a few times to lightly mix.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the ingredients for the salad dressing. Whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Drizzle some or all of the dressing on salad right before enjoying.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
Leave a comment & rate this recipe