30-Minute Grain-Free Granola is the perfect easy protein-packed breakfast option that you can make ahead of time and grab on-the-go when the world moves faster than you do.
Guys, I had to fight my husband and daughter off from this batch of grain-free granola long enough to be able to snap this picture of it for you. It’s just that good.
Nutty. Slightly sweet. A hint of lovely toasted flavor. And oh-so satisfying.
Let’s be honest, most of the busy people in the world are eating quick grab-and-go cold cereal for breakfast. Because it’s easy. And first thing in the morning M-F, we busy people need easy….. because the rest of the day is going to be full of problems for us to solve and situations for us to wrap our brains around. We can’t (and don’t need to) do complicated for breakfast. Just, no.
However, the problem with pretty much all grab-and-go cereal is that it also probably is not really powering the people eating it through until lunch time because its lacking oh-so important protein. I know that when I eat a high-carb breakfast, I find myself frantically searching for something to eat a few hours later, trying to keep “the low blood sugar crazies” (as we lovingly call it in my house) from taking over my body.
That was my inspiration behind making this grain-free granola the first time. Because my daughter also suffers from the low blood sugar crazies when she doesn’t eat a protein-loaded breakfast…..and neitehr parent nor teacher wants to deal with that.
“Mom, I’m really bored with eggs,” Alice said one morning, throwing her head down….her blond hair flopping in her scrambled eggs.
I couldn’t blame her. I was sick of eggs too. We had had them nearly every morning for a week because I was working crazy hours with parent-teacher confrences and I just didn’t have the energy or time to bake up anything creative. Alice eventually did eat her eggs that morning, but I heard her little cry for variety at the breakfast table. Knowing that the following week was going to be just as crazy and fast-paced, I set out to figure out some sort of other quick breakfast option for our family that wasn’t egg based.
And this 30-Minute Grain-Free Granola is what was born.
I used protein loaded nuts as my base of this recipe and then basically treated it like it was any other granola recipe. I was pleasnetly surprised how quickly it cooked up to toasted nutty perfection in the oven. It was so easy. Almost too easy.
But easy it is and I’m not going to ask any questions. It tastes like heaven with a little unsweetened almond milk poured over it and topped with some seasonal fruit! Plus, I don’t have to plan, think or even cook first thing in the morning. Talk about a win!
And is it kid approved?
Heck, yes! My daughter is hooked on this stuff for breakfast, as a quick snack and even asks for it to be added to her lunch box. It goes quick in my house and I’m thrilled to have an easy, not-egg breakfast option to throw on the table on those busy mornings.
- 1 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until evening is evenly coasted with the maple syrup/honey and coconut oil.
- Divide the granola evenly between the two lined baking sheets and spread it out, flattening the mixture onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake another 10 minutes or until the nuts are aromatic and a golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet complete before transferring the granola to an air-tight container. Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest