Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry (Paleo, Whole30)
A Paleo twist on a classic Italian dish, this Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry is easy and quick to make! Done in about 30 minutes, it is the perfect weeknight dinner. Whole30 friendly, gluten free, dairy-free.Jump to Recipe
Easy chicken stir-fry
Chicken is a protein I almost always have hanging out in the fridge. It’s super versatile, a family favorite, and usually cooks up quick enough to make it one of the main players in an easy weeknight dinner.
But, just to be honest, sometimes I get B-O-R-E-D with chicken. Really bored. Grilled and baked chicken is great, but sometimes I need some pizzazz to keep me and chicken on speaking terms.
And this easy chicken piccata stir fry recipe is certainly not short on pizzazz! Or flavor!
Traditional chicken piccata is just chicken breast, breaded with flour, browned, served with a sauce made from butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. All the makings for a flavor explosion! But something that could stand a bit of lightening up and a hearty dose of veggies to create a complete, delicious and nourishing dinner!
And that is exactly what I did! And the results were simply amazing! Made in about 30 minutes with simple whole ingredients, this delicious and veggie-loaded dinner will now be a part of my regular dinner repertoire!
If you love the idea of veggie-loaded recipes, be sure to check out the Veggie-Loaded section of my blog!
Other easy veggie-loaded recipes you are going to love….
- Veggie-Loaded Mini Taco Meatloaves
- Spring Chicken Salad
- Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites
- Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Loving this easy dinner recipe and hungry for more veggie-loaded recipes?
Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour or tapioca starch, if Paleo/Whole30 not needed, can sup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 heaping tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 16 ounces uncooked green beans, cleaned and trimmed, can use fresh or frozen
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped , (optional garnish)
- 1 sliced lemon, (optional garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, and arrowroot/tapioca. Toss a few times or until chicken is evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, coconut aminos, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil/ghee to the hot skillet and swirl the skillet a few times to evenly coat the entire cooking surface.
- Add minced garlic to the pan and sauté for about 30 seconds, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the coated chicken to the pan. Cook until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the green beans, capers and green onions to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Pour broth mixture over everything in the skillet, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Pour broth mixture over everything in the skillet, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes to allow sauce to thicken up. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with sliced lemon (if using) and plate and enjoy warm!