A veggie-loaded, Paleo twist on classic Italian dish, 30-Minute Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry is a must add to your weekly dinner menu! Quick, easy and full of bright flavors, it is sure to leave you satisfied in all ways!
Chicken is a protein I almost always have hanging out in the fridge. It’s super versatile, a family favorite, and usually cooks up quick enough to make it one of the main players in an easy weeknight dinner. But, just to be honest, sometimes I get B-O-R-E-D with chicken. Like, really bored. Grilled and baked chicken is great, but sometimes I need some pizzazz to keep me and chicken on speaking terms.
And this recipe is certainly not short on pizzazz! Or flavor!
Traditional chicken piccata is just chicken breast, breaded with flour, browned, served with a sauce made from butter, lemon juice, capers, and stock or wine. All the makings for a flavor explosion! But something that could stand a bit of lightening up and a hearty dose of veggies to create a complete, delicious and nourishing dinner!
And that is exactly what I did! And the results were simply amazing! Made in about 30 minutes with simple whole ingredients, this delicious and veggie-loaded dinner will now be a part of my regular dinner repertoire!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour or starch
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 heaping tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 16 oz uncooked green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1 sliced lemon (optional garnish)
Add the green beans, capers and green onions to the skillet and mix to combine.Pour broth mixture over everything in the skillet, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.Let sit for a few minutes to allow sauce to thicken up. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with sliced lemon (if using) and then plate and enjoy warm!
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4-5 servings