I love and adore a one-skillet meal! Especially at breakfast. Minimal prep before you’ve had that first cup of (much needed) coffee and next to no clean up when you’ve finished the meal. Heck, you can even leave the one-skillet in the sink for the day and not have to worry about coming home to a sink full of breakfast dishes at then end of the day. Yep, a one-skillet breakfast is the way to go and THIS is my breakfast of choice as of late.
These One-Skillet Sweet Potato & Kale Home Fries with Eggs are all of the best parts of breakfast in one pan. The sweet potatoes to bring a punch of color and lovely flavor to complement the savory eggs and kale that they are hanging out with. You have your protein. You have your carbohydrates. And, best of all, you have your veggies at the breakfast table! All simple, wholesome, nutrient dense ingredients brought to you in the simplest of dishes.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons of cooking fat (I use ghee or avocado oil)
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and diced
- 4 stalks of kale, ribs removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4-6 large eggs (this depends on how hungry you are)
- Warm your cooking fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the cooking fat is hot, add the sweet potatoes to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced bell peppers to the pan. cook for 2-3 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet next. Continue to stir occasionally and cook until the kale starts to wilt (about 3 minutes).
- Spread the home fries out so that they are evenly distributed throughout the skillet.
- Crack the eggs over the home fries one at a time. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes for a runny yolk or 5-7 minutes for a firmer yolk.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, use a large spoon to serve the the home fries and eggs. Enjoy warm!
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest