Looking for easy, simple slow cooker family meals to make? I have you covered! There is a little something for everyone in these healthy crock pot recipes, no matter your family’s eating style or what you have on hand!
Slow Cooker Family Meals
Slow cookers hold a special place in my heart. They ask nothing from you except for a little shelf space to rest upon when they are not hard at work, cooking delicious and wholesome meals to nourish your family’s bellies. I suppose I could say my slow cooker is my kitchen wing man, helping me make score healthy meals for my family, but without me having to work too hard.
In all seriousness, getting and using a slow cooker is one of the best tips I could offer to someone trying to find the time to cook and eat healthy. Real food requires cooking (and dishes (ugh!)), but not everyone has a lot of time to dedicate to the kitchen. Right or wrong, that is just how our society is. People are running off to work. Kids are off to school, digging out from under homework, or racing off to their extra curricular activities. And parents, well they are just trying to juggle it all while keeping every fed and smiling. It’s no wonder so many of us drift in the direction of processed foods. Their convenience is enticing in our crazy, hectic lives. However, slow cookers can be the key tool in helping us find the balance between healthy eating and time management.
This is something you guys, my lovely and loyal reader, have asked for. You have this helpful slow cooker, but now what do you put in it? This list is full of great inspiration for all eating styles to help transform your slow cooker into your kitchen wing man too.
Which slow cooker family meals will fit my crew?
To help you all find the best slow cooker recipes to fit your eating style and/or dietary needs, I’ve created this key to help you quickly sort through with recipes will work for you and which ones will not. Let the (slow) cooking begin!
- GF= gluten free
- DF= dairy free
- NF= nut free
- P = Paleo
Handy tools for making slow cooker family meals
- Slow cooker
- Immersion Blender
- Chef’s Knife
- Epicurean Cutting Board
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Chicken Broth
- Vegetable Broth
20 Kid-Friendly Slow Cooker Meals
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chicken Curry f(GF, DF, NF)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Vegetable Chicken Stew (GF, NF, DF, P option)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Chili (DF, NF, GF)
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Veggie, and Quinoa Stew (DF, GF, NF)
- Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken Stew (DF, GF, NF)
- Carrot Apple Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oatmeal (V, DF option, GF, NF option)
- Slow Cooker Almond Butter Beef Stew (P, GF, DF)
- Crock Pot Pinto Beans (V, GF, NF, DF)
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken (P, DF, NF, GF)
- Slow Cooker Lentil Soup (V, GF, NF, DF)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Butternut Squash Stew (P, GF, DF, NF)
- Crock Pot Tomato Sauce (V, DF, NF, GF)
- Slow Cooker Garlic Rosemary Whole Chicken (DF, NF, GF)
- Slow Cooker Black Beans (V, DF, NF, GF)
- Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna (V, NF)
- Crock pot Lentil Tacos (V, GF, NF, DF)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (P, DF, GF, NF)
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash + Apple Soup (V, DF, NF, GF)
- Crockpot Spaghetti Squash (V, DF, NF, GF)
- Sweet Potatoes in the Slow Cooker (V, GF, DF, NF)
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest