The Instant Pot is one the mostly heavily used kitchen gadgets in our house! It makes homemade meals easy, quick, delicious and healthy. Here are 10+ Vegetarian Instant Pot recipes that are frequent flyers in our house!
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes
The other day, Ken casually mentioned that he wanted to try going meatless for the month of August.
“You know, just to see how I feel. Don’t feel like you have to do it too,” he said.
I am all for using yourself and your own nutritional guinea pig. Trying out something new to see what makes you feel awesome….and what really doesn’t. We all have such unique bodies with unique needs and switching it up sometimes can teach us how to best fuel our bodies best.
And while I totally appreciated the fact that my husband didn’t want me to feel like I had to sign on for his nutritional experiment, I am someone who totally believes in and loves the challenge of more veggies in ones life. So bring on the plants!
Easy Vegetarian Recipes
Oh yeah, August is when school goes back into session for my elementary school daughter. And we have decided to homeschool her for this school year because the world is currently upside down. And my husband and I are both working from home.
So yeah, break out the EASY vegetarian recipes for this self experiment. Because time and energy is not something we have oodles of at the moment.
Why the Instant Pot is great from vegetarian recipes
I think the Instant Pot is often associated with cooking meat based meals super fast. Which it totally does! But it is also handy dandy for cooking vegetarian meals to perfection and making dinner more streamline no matter your eating style and preference.
Here is why the Instant Pot is so great for making vegetarian meals…
- Great for cooking dry beans and lentils in a flash. Dry legumes are one of my favorite plant based proteins to enjoy. They are affordable, rich in so many nutrients, and quite versatile. However, cooking beans in the slow cooker or on the stovetop takes planning ahead…which sometimes I am not awesome about doing when it comes to meals. So my Instant Pot cooks them up for me quickly, even when I am not on top of my dinner game.
- Awesome for cooking rice or quinoa in a flash! Even if you have the main course covered, your pressure cooker can get a side in the table super easily!
- Doesn’t heat up your kitchen. We are currently in late July, so I am thinking up allllll the ways to skip out on adding heat to the house. Instant Pots are great for cooking up dinner but not adding to an already hot kitchen.
- Less dishes! There is a saute function that is great for cooking veggies and spices that would normally be done in a skillet. And you can use the same function to cook down soups and sauces that you prefer a bit thicker. Plus, the stainless steel lining pops out and is dish washer safe, so you know I am all about that.
- Has a delayed cook feature. So if you know you are not on top of your game come dinner time, load up your IP ahead of time and program it to start cooking at the time you want a meal to get started.
- Works for all meals. Make oatmeal for morning (in fact, set it up to cook the night before), hard boil some perfect eggs for lunch or a quick snack, and make some great dinner recipes in your Instant Pot. It really is a gadget that you will use a ton once you get the hang of it and see how it can simply making healthy vegetarian meals.