The chilly weather is here, so it is time for all the cozy soups! Here are 10+ Easy Vegetarian Soup Recipes that are loaded with veggies, simple to make, satisfying for all kinds of eating styles, and will warm you from the inside out!
Is there anything better than a bowl (or mug) of hearty soup to curl up with on a chilly fall or winter day? I think not! There is something comforting about that whole experience that is wildly relaxing and satisfying.
And if that soup can be veggie-loaded and easy to make, well that just makes the whole thing better, doesn’t it? Especially if there is a slice of sourdough bread for dunking on the side. Now THAT is healthy comfort food at its finest.
Soup is not only wonderful for its cozy factor, but is extra lovely because it is so versatile and be a whole new experience with each recipe. Plus soup can be an easy thing to whip up in your slow cooked or Instant Pot if time (or motivation) is at a minimum.
And soup can be so good for us! These 10+ vegetarian soup recipes are not only easy to make, but are full of healthy ingredients and vegetables to keep our bodies fed and nourished all soup season long.
Some recommended kitchen tools for making easy, healthy vegetarian soup recipes
I seriously get asked about kitchen gear all the time. Here are some products that help me streamline and simplify the veggie-loaded soup making in my house!
- 6-quart slow cooker
- 8-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker
- chef’s knife
- box grater
- immersion blender
- food processor (for finely chopping quickly)
Easy soup recipes that are vegetarian
Vegetarian Soup Recipes: Veggie-Loaded Lasagna Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion about 12/ a large onion
- 1 cup diced carrots about 2 large carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini about 1 small zucchini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups marinara or other tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3-4 cups loosely packed baby spinach roughly chopped
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles (6-8 sheets), broken into about 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese optional, omit for dairy-free or vegan option
- shredded mozzarella cheese and/or ricotta cheese, for serving optional, omit for dairy-free or vegan option
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 more minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Stir in marinara and broth and bring soup to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add broken lasagna noodles to the pot and cook until noodles are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes or according to the cooking time on the box for your lasagna noodles.
- After the soup is done cooking, stir in last 1/4 teaspoon of salt, spinach and grated parmesan (if using) and let the spinach wilt in the hot soup for a minute or two. Taste soup for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella and/or top with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired. Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!